Friday, August 19, 2011

Fry on the Way?




I took this video of my Ryan's convict cichlids displaying some courting behavior. I'm holding these fish in a 40g breeder quarantine tank that is lying on my floor in front of my 55g CA cichlid tank. The tank is only half full because they will eventually be housed in a 20g long tank and selfishly I didn't want to drain a fully filled 40g tank at the end of the week. It is likely, that only the two that have paired up will be kept and the other two females will be sold or traded for other fish. As I stated earlier, I am babysitting these convicts because their owner did not have their tank set up at the time he bought them so I got suckered into providing my future reef tank as a holding tank while Ryan cycles their permanent home.

No comments:

Post a Comment