Thursday, August 18, 2011

Current stocking list

55 gallon: This tank was designed to recreate the Central American streams and waterways that Jack Dempsey inhabit in the wild.

Fish:
Jameson - Electric Blue Jack Demsey (Nandopsis octofasciatum)
Shy Ronnie - Bristlenose plecostomus (Ancistrus sp.)
Oliver - Pictus catfish  (Pimelodus pictus)
Plants:
Amazon Swords (Echinodorus bleheri)


16 gallon bowfront: This tank was started to save my fiance's blue crayfish from my cichlids that had already eaten one of his arms. It also has a betta in it and yes, I know this is not a good mix but going on 6 months now I have not had problems between the two.

Fish:
Taco Bell - Double tail male betta (Betta splendens)
Inverts:
Lucas - blue crayfish (Procambarus alleni)
2 apple (mystery) snails (Ampullariidae sp.)


35 gallon Hexagonal: This tank hasn't been set up yet. The plan is to make it into a planted angelfish tank that will be the centerpiece in the living room of our apartment; the other 3 tanks will go in the fish room.
Proposed Fish:
Angelfish (Cichlidea Pterophyllum)
Blue ram cichlid (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi)
Spotted Cory catfish (Corydoras agassizii)
Plants:
I do not know what specific plants I will be adding at this time.

40 gallon breeder: This is going to be the reef tank although right now I am doing a coworker a big favor and housing 4 convict cichlids that he purchased before he had cycled his tank. So at the moment I essentially have a 40g quarantine tank. These fish are already pairing up and I will most likely have a few hundred fry by the time my coworker comes to pick them up.

Fish:
4 Convict cichlids (Amatitlania nigrofasciata)

No comments:

Post a Comment