Thursday, November 24, 2011

RIP all my freshwater tanks

I haven't posted in almost a month and its because school has been kicking my butt lately. Ive really had zero time to do a lot of things, including updating this blog and performing regular maintence on my fish tanks. As a result of less than stellar maintence regime I let the tanks slip into disrepair a little bit and lost a lot of motivation to properly care for them. As it turns out 4 tanks plus school and work is a lot to deal with.

Near the beginning of the month we had a death in the 35g planted tank. Andrew, our leopard angelfish, passed suddenly leaving just the other angelfish, Hans, and a handful of corys and tetras that hadn't died yet. The tank never really looked as good as we wanted it to as a planted tank so the decision was made to tear it down and sell it. Shortly after Andrew's death I realized that Jameson wasn't getting the attention that he deserved and so I found him a new home that can provide the level of care that he needs. This left the 55g empty so we tore that down as well. We are also in the process of finding someone to buy the 16g bowfront crayfish tank.

The only tank left now is the saltwater reef tank but there may be some future plans for the 55g tank...

No comments:

Post a Comment